Tuesday, March 17, 2009

To achieve or not to achieve???
Today I got a Proficiency award for my academic excellence in school.It was kind of a little function organized with only the std 8 students of our school and the prize winners(not only of proficiency)but also of sports events and arts and craft events held earlier in our school.
There were only 4 students from std 9 for the proficiency (including me).
Just imagine,they didnt even call our parents.I mean absoluely chupke se they conducted the ceremony.TOO BAD!!What I felt bad about was the way they felicitated us academic achievers-we got a certificate which was,compared to the other certificates,far less glamorous and and our achievements were so deglorified sort of.
I mean come on yaar......isn't academic achievement a kind of achievement??
Why is it considered sort of "okay-okay,thik hai bhai din bhar padhti hogi is liye mil gaye marks.NO BIG DEAL"???
Well if its no big deal then you study and show........everything requires effort. Its not that I consider sports and arts achievements any less but why underestimate those who are academic achievers??? Thats just like discouraging us.
Ummm well they say that giving out prizes or awards according to the ranks(1st,2nd,3rd) will make the other students(low scorers)feel bad and dis-heartened or even jealous.So?
Giving out prizes in sports according to 1st position and so on ,wont that dis hearten the ones who failed to win the race or reach the finals??? Humesha padhnewaalon ko hi kyun target karte hain yaaar???
I just wanna say that all you achievers who feel dejected like me.....I'm there with you!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment