Monday, March 23, 2009

Snehish-a cute sister's cute language

Hey!!
Well I had written something about my sister,and of course her funny and cute language in my previous blog.
So,Snehish(thats what we call my sister's boli, because her name is SNEH ) is,as I said,a very cute language with a dash of gujarati which my sister probably learnt from her gujju teachers when she used to go to school.
She was the 1st student of POSAT FONDATION-a school for mentally and physically challenged students/differently abled,when the school had just started in a small space near a railway station and was conducted under a sort of leaking roof and now its as if the school has gone fron rags to riches.It has occupied quite a few classes in different schools across the city.Yah,so my sister left school just last year with a very acceptable reason of being bored,how nice!! We've been bored since years and never even hesitated from saying it and still we have to complete school.Anyways thats not the point,though I have got a good topic for my next blog!!
So,I was at Snehish.Well,just describing it won't be enough.I'll have to give a few examples!!

So before starting let me tell you that there are many words in snehish that have a rather simplified pronunciation than in English.

Examples:
Eng:enough
Snehish:eeeyunf (n is nasal)

Eng:friend
Snehish:fenzj (sounds weird,though true)

Eng:sister
Snehish:bhaaang

Eng:what is it? (kya hai?)
Snehish:shu chey?? (shoe-chey)

Eng:I'm bored
Snehish:bot shey.

L
et me tell you some sentences.

whats your name?
Maaam shu che??

I'm not going to school,Im feeling bored.
Main tool ja nai,main bot shey.

Can't you listen?
Shooon(n is nasal) ney?

So,did you get a fair idea of my sister's boli?
Well this is not it.Whenever she learns a new word,we are the happiest people in this world.
The only mystery is how does she understand where to apply those words.Because it isn't that easy for their brains to understand such things,it does not come as easily to them as it does to us!!!
But don't think she's any less!! She likes watching all youngsters' serials and her most favourite is Remix which has gone off air long ago.Her favourite character still remains the same,Ashi or Anvesha and she utilises all the one liners that Ashi used to to as much extent as possible.Now she's so used to it that it comes naturally.The very famous ones are Hey Bhaggu and Duh-uh!! .
If you look at her,the way she sits and talks(to us,family memebers) she's no less than our daadi,you would say!!Well,once my mother had taken her to a doctor(don't exactly remeber for what reason) and by just looking at the way she sat,the doctor said that if she would have been a normal girl she would have surely been another Kalpana Chawla!!! Well that amazed me and my mother very much!!! Was that true?? Well sometimes it does seem so.She,according to her capability,is very much better and smarter than her counterparts but she doesn't have many of them.Her's is one of the rarest cases and there's no cure. But she's got all the attitude and does all the dadagiri that she can.How dare anyone in our house say no to her???
But nevertheless,shes our laadli and and no one but her brings out the fun element in our lives.
We have always been caring for her like a princess and nothing less and we will continue doing so and she will forever remain the apple of our eyes.

Lots of love,
Prapti


No comments:

Post a Comment