Saturday, March 20, 2010

Im gonna miss my 10-B days.....





Hi y'all!!
Finally I'm back after so many months.......well I was preparing for my SSC examinations.
So by no chance I had anytime to sit patiently and think of something to blog about.But now I have all the time in the world to blog about something almost everyday(well at least for some months...!!!).
In this blog...I want to describe my whole journey of 10th. Yes it has got all the ups and downs like any normal story....but still its zara sa hatke!!So let me start from the very first day(which started in April),which I did not attend. I was in Panchgani that day.....and was so very unhappy about missing my first day of 10th. Because all these years I had had an almost FULL ATTENDANCE.
YEP!! Just imagine,I used to attend everyday of school....EVERYDAY. Not a single holiday,barring some when it was necessary to miss school and there was no other option. So in short I did not attend my very first day breaking my own all-time record!! Well this is nothing, my 10th was a 'first-time' for many things for me.
Then we began with all our studies as expected,nothing exciting in the beginning.....but one good thing that happened in april was that I had celebrated my birthday in school for the first time. because my b'day(april 23) always came in the summer vacations so I never did celebrate it with all my friends.It was a nice experience.
Another 'first-time' thing for me was that I took part in a Street-play competition......me and acting!!! I was a bit reluctant at first,but something inside me made me give my name for the competition. And the result was great!! We did not win, but I had a lot of fun.....it was a hindi street play about India's unity and the disputes between the states. Guess what was my role?? I was made the weeping and sobbing BHARAT MATA!!!! I had mixed feelings!!! I mean I was happy that I was taking part but my very first role was of a sad and depressed being?? Mine was the first dialogue,at the beginning of the play and thats how it goes"Tabahi tabahi,har jagah tabahi!! Toot rahi hun main.....hazaron tukdon mein bikhar rahi hun main...." How dramatic!!
But I did it......and quite well(thats what the teachers said,though my friends laughed it out sometimes!!!). But nevertheless,I enjoyed and also did some mischief,masti!! For the first time I bunked my classes,though I did not have the courage to do it all by myself.....my whole group was involved. We did'nt land into much trouble but we did get caught once.But that was fine.(imagine ME saying this!!!)It was a very nice experience and I have still saved the script which includes all our dialogues.
So my life in 10th began to take its course......I became more open to friends and surely did improve socially(my mom says she noticed a marked difference!!! and a good one.) I was happy......and our class-10th B- was filled with all the notorious boys of our batch!!
So you can imagine the fun we had!!! It was just awesome,we used to manage to persuade the teachers into giving us 'free periods' which were of course spent very frivolously!!! All the mischief we could do....we did............our class used to be very noisy!!
But there were times when there was pin drop silence,not because some teacher scolded us,but because some of our mates lost their near and dear ones and you could actually see tears in our eyes..........
So all in all we were like a family.....a family which included our teachers as well. Our class teacher was the strictest.....she was as if especially made for a notorious class like ours....but not that we had a tough time with her......she was friendly and like a mother,at the same time. And there were other teachers too(whom we troubled a lot,even made some of them cry!!) but in the end AAL WAS WELL!!!
Then, slowly we were nearing the end of our beautiful year,which we surely were not looking forward to!!
But all good things HAVE to come to an end,so we gave our prelims, got a study-leave to study for the BIG BOARDS and then on the 13th of feb we had our Farewell.
Though all the girls and boys waited for the farewell(because the girls were going to wear sarees and the boys their suits),we certainly didn't want to part from our school-our second home!
Nevertheless we enjoyed our farewell,clicked photos with ALL our friends......(even the ones we used to get teased with!!)and took the blessings of our teachers.
I made a lot of friends in 10th.......some with whom I would love to be in touch forever.....and forever!!! One more thing I did a lot in this eventful year was "sms-ing".My god!! The number of 'free sms' schemes I used up were innumerable!!!
There was a time when I had to drag myself away from my phone and keep it at a place where it was invisible to me,so that I could concentrate on my studies!! Even when I used to wake up till 2 or 3 in the morning,studying for my boards,I used to communicate with my friends via sms!!
All in all, I learnt a lot about people,their behaviour and this big wide world.......
I (somewhat an introvert) came out of my shell,my coccoon(to some extent) and loved the experience!!
So I can say that I just loved my std 10 and I am surely going to miss those days,my school days!!
Thats all for today.....
Bye.
Prapti.

No comments:

Post a Comment